General Terms and Conditions
Note: This terms and conditions is being presented for information purposes.
In case of discrepancies, the original german terms and conditions applies exclusively.
- The Services of the web page codestore.cloud are based on this general terms and conditions ("T&C").
- Different conditions of the customer are not accepted. Even if the customer informed the provider about it and the provider did not disagree.
- The web page codestore.cloud is controlled by Franz Deschler, Herrschinger Weg 8, 82205 Gilching, Germany.
- Below, the controller of the web page is always called "provider", you "customer".
Object of agreement
- The provider provides software for managing code snippets through the web page codestore.cloud to the customer.
- The provision is limited in time to the contract duration.
- The function volume depends on the type of the user account as described on the website of the provider.
- Below, the combination of all free and fee-based functions is called "service".
- Der Kunde hat das Recht, den Dienst privat, sowie zu kommerziellen Zwecken zu nutzen.
Contract conclusion, Contract duration
- By creating a user account (registration), the customer enters into a contract with the provider for the use of the service.
- The contract language is german.
- The duration of the contract is unlimited.
Below, the concrete steps for the registration are described, which lead to the contract conclusion:
- On the web page https://codestore.cloud/registration.jsp, the customer needs to enter a user name, a valid email address, and a password.
- The customer needs to confirm the registration by clicking the button "Register".
- When registering, the customer has the option of creating a free ("BASIC") or fee-based ("PRO") user account.
- The duration of a BASIC account is unlimited.
- The customer has the right to upgrade his BASIC account to a PRO account at any time.
- The duration of a PRO account is limited to one year.
- The customer has the right to extend the duration of the PRO account by a further year at any time.
- If the duration of a PRO account is not extended, it will be downgraded to a BASIC account at its end. The contract duration remains unaffected.
- For the use of a PRO account, a usage fee of ten euros (€10) per year is charged.
- Because of the small businesses regulation (§19 Abs. 1 UStG german sales tax law) no sales tax is accounted.
- If the PRO account is created during registration, the fee is payable at the end of a 30 days test phase.
- If the duration of a PRO account is extended or if a BASIC account is upgraded to a PRO account, the user fee is payable immediately.
- The payment is processed by PayPal.
In general, a data connection over the internet to the server of the provider is necessary to use the service.
Amongst others, the code snippets stored by the customer are transferred over this connection, and stored on the server of the provider.
- The customer is responsible for the content of the code snippets stored by him.
- The code snippets are stored unencrypted. The customer is advised not to store sensitive or personal data in code snippets.
The customer must not abuse the service for illegal activities.
This includes, for example, the distribution of
- sensitive data
- personal data
- copyright protected data
With the distribution of code snippets by using the service, the customer agrees, that the content of the respective code snippets
can be used, copied, and distributed by the receiver, without mentioning the originator.
- The provider has the right to block the customer´s user account for specific reasons (e.g. if the user violates the law or this T&Cs) temporarily or permanently.
- The customer has the right to terminate the contract at any time.
- In order to terminate the contract, the customer needs to delete his user account on the website of the provider.
As a consequence of a termination, the service towards the customer will be stopped immediately. All stored data of the customer will be deleted immediately.
The paid usage fee will not be refunded.
- After the deletion of the user account, the customer's data will be retained (in whole or in part) in the form of backups.
- The customer has the right to have his personal data completely deleted upon request, as long as the legal storage periods allow it.
- The provider agrees to follow this request within four weeks.
- The software (including documentation and help) will be provided "as is", without guarantee for function or correctness.
- The software was developed with great care. Nevertheless, errors and security issues cannot be excluded.
There is no guarantee for the security of the data.
- The provider is not liable for damages caused by the use of the software, except the provider was acting careless or intentional.
- The provider is liable for damages, which appeared in body and life of the customer.
- The provider is also liable for damages, caused by the breach of duty to achieve the contract purpose (cardinal duties).
- The liability is limited to the amount of a typically predictable damage.
Right to modification
The provider reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time for valid reasons (for example in the case of a changed legal situation)
or to add the conditions for the use of new functions or services.
- The customer will be informed of the change by e-mail at least six weeks before the planned effective date.
The customer's agreement to change the terms and conditions is considered given if he does not disagree within a period of six weeks in text form (e.g. by email).
The period begins on the day on which the provider informs the customer of the planned change.
- As a consequence of a revocation, the contractual relationship is considered terminated according to the regulations of an ordinary termination.
- The provider agrees to inform the customer about the possibility of revocation, the deadline, and the consequence of a revocation in the notification e-mail
Right of withdrawal
You have the right, to revoke the contract within fourteen days without giving reasons.
The withdrawal period is fourteen days as of the day of the contract conclusion.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you need to inform us
Herrschinger Weg 8
about your wish to revoke this contract (e.g. by mail or email) in a clear way.
You can use the provided standard withdrawal form, which is not required.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, it is sufficient to send the information about the withdrawal within the withdrawal period.
Consequences of withdrawal
If you revoke this contract, we have to refund your payment, including shipping (except of additional costs caused by any other form of shipping than the provided standard shipping).
We have to refund the costs within fourteen days as of the day, we received your information about the revocation of this contract.
For the refund, we use the same payment method you used for the original transaction, except we agreed to use an other one.
We will not charge any additional fees for the refund.
End of instruction